The UMF Honey Association has a world-leading science programme that is focussed on identifying the unique signature compounds of genuine Mānuka Honey, as a way of safeguarding consumers and the industry.
With its unique properties, Mānuka honey (Leptospermum scoparium) has become one of the most researched honeys in the world.
There is also a large body of international research which collectively provides consumers and fellow researchers with a wealth of information about this product.
KEY RESEARCHERS HAVE INCLUDED
- Dr Terry Braggins, Analytica Ruakura, New Zealand
- Dr Peter Brooks, Sunshine Coast University, Australia
- Professor Yoji Kato, Hyogo University, Japan
- Professor Rose Cooper, Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Dr Russell Frew, Otago University, New Zealand
- Professor Liz Harry, University of Technology Sydney, Australia
- Dr Kerry Loomes, Auckland University, New Zealand
- Daniel Melonchelli, Sunshine Coast University, Australia
- Professor Peter Molan, Waikato University, New Zealand
- Professor Karl Speer, Dresden University, Germany
- Dr Jonathan Stephens, Auckland University, New Zealand
- Emeritus Professor Alistair Wilkins, Waikato University, New Zealand